Trading Plan - Work in Progress

I started to re write my trading plan yesterday. It still a work in progress now, and to be modified continually. Readers may use it as a trading plan sample and post their comments on the plan.

MY TRADING PLAN

  1. I understand that I cannot predict and control the markets. I will control myself by adhering strictly to my trading plan. 
  2. The only factor to be taken into account during trading should be the facts and not any preconceived ideas no matter how well-founded, nor other people's opinions.
  3. I will only trade on days when I am rested, relaxed and not distracted. I will stick to my trading plan, as it will help to prevent me from making trades that are poorly conceived and executed. I will not trade on days when I am feeling sick, tired or when I am distracted by other events in my life. 
  4. My daily trading goal is to trade according to my plan. 
  5. The instruments that I will trade are Australian Stocks listed on the ASX. 
  6. I will start my trading at 09.00 and finish at 11.30 every trading day. 
  7. I will ensure that of the 15 hours per week devoted to trading. 
  8. Each day, I will ensure that yesterday’s trades are analysed and that my trading journal is updated.
  9. I am a a risk averse trader and always seeking to minimise risk wherever possible. I will achieve this via diversification and risk management regime. 
  10. My maximum exposure in the market will not exceed a combined total of 10% of my capital at any one time. 
  11. My maximum exposure in any one sector will not exceed a combined total of 5% of my capital at any one time. 
  12. For every trade I enter, I will decide in advance where to place my stop loss.  Full exit to be taken when stop loss is reached without exception
  13. When my trading equity exceeds the amount I need to trade my strategies, I will withdraw the surplus and transfer it back to my bank account. 
  14. I will utilise a trailing stop which I will position10% below the lower high in an uptrend or 10% points above a higher low in a downtrend. 
  15. I will close my whole position immediately upon the price crossing the moving average. 
  16. I will close half my position upon a 50% increase/decrease in volume compared with the previous price bar. 
  17. In addition to recording all my trades, I check to confirm that all trades are executed in accordance with my plan. 
  18. I will update my trading journal regularly with my thoughts about each trade and my conclusions about the day as a whole. 
  19. If I break one of the rules detailed in my trading plan I will stop trading for a full day and focus on the reasons why there was a breach of discipline. 
  20. After a winning trade I will guard against over confidence and ensure that my attitude remains consistent, and remind myself that executing the trade in accordance with my plan is more important than the outcome of the trade. 
  21. After a losing trade I will examine the trade and learn what I can from it, check to ensure that I executed all aspects of the trade in accordance with my plan, and professionally unemotional with the loss.

No comments: